Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Easy Chicken Marinade

Welcome back to Chicken Month.  Today I had a typical chicken and mashed potatoes dinner. It was yummy, especially with mom's chicken marinade.

A trick to quick dinners is to buy chicken in bulk, divide the chicken into Ziploc bags, and place your marinade of choice into each bag and put in the freezer. If you feel like having different flavored chicken, put a different marinade in each bag.

Now for my mom's recipe. Honestly, I have no idea where she got it from, and though I wish I could say it's an old family recipe it's not. But it sure adds a flavorful dash to plain old chicken breast.

Take a jar of apple jelly, empty in a sauce pan. Take a bottle of Heinz 57 Steak Sauce and empty into the sauce pan with the apple jelly. Add a tablespoon of mustard. Cook until it turns into a creamy sauce, stirring occasionally.  Turn off the heat, let cool, and then pour over the chicken and let the whole thing marinate for as long as you think it needs to, but preferably at least 2 hours. Then cook the chicken. Done.  Personally, I like to drizzle a tiny bit of Sriracha sauce after grilling the marinated chicken for a spicy kick.

Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do.

1 comment:

  1. Omg yum! I have to go to the store asap. I would have never thought of that. Thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete